Posted on July 11, 2014
On Friday, May 2nd, forty-one awesome folks from Catapult International
, an international shipping software development company, joined us for a team-building extravaganza
This was an amazing and inspiring group to have at the ranch.
For an idea on what they do, just check out this video:
Near the end of the video, Matt Motsick, one of the owners talks about their company culture. He says, “We want to make sure we have happy employees because when you have happy employees you have a great amount of success.”
It was so apparent throughout the planning process leading up to their event that they truly do care about their employees. He, along with Bryan Luttrell, have created such a positive work environment for their group and it showed when they were all together at the ranch.
Most of the guests were out-of-towners, mainly from California, so they were excited to get in touch with their inner-country side. The international attendees were especially excited to get a taste of KC BBQ and to enjoy some real Midwest activities.
They arrived on buses ready for fun! After a warm welcome by their Ranch J, Ted, they enjoyed a delicious lunch. The menu included pulled pork, brisket of beef with all the fixins, and much more. So delicious!
After lunch, they were able to partake in some of our Ranch Rec activities such as horse shoes, washers, and tic-tac-toilet seat. Following the games, they had a short meeting with some recognitions and awards. For events like this, it is always nice to alternate between business and fun because it helps keep your employees energy up.
After the meeting, it was time to get down to some real business with Ranch Chores!
It was such a blast watching them do the team-building activities. After all, most of the attendees were IT or sales that work out of their homes, so many of them didn’t know each other well. What a better way to get to know your fellow employees than with some cow-milkin’, roller-ropin, tug-of-war, and more! Winners of the games went home with some awesome gift cards.
Throughout the chores there was a bar available and half-way through we provided a snack of cheese, crackers, and trail mix.
See that cowboy milking the cow? He is one of the two founders of the company. Christine got the chance to talk to him briefly after the event about his story and the journey that he went on to build this global company from scratch. He said it was a huge leap of faith, but that it takes assembling assembling the right people in the right places to succeed. Needless to say, we were very proud and honored to work with them here.
Thanks again to Catapult for choosing Faulkner’s Ranch! You guys really are an inspiration!
For more info on our Ranch Chores and Team-Building, click here
Have a great day, y’all!
Posted on September 17, 2013
Let us tell ya somethin’, folks! When it comes to Team Building, Black and Veatch’s
marketing department does not mess around. We had the privilege of hosting their team building
event at our ranch and they were one of the most fun (and might we say competitive) groups that we have ever had.
Just take a look at some of the fun ranch chores we tested them with!
First things first, there was fishing!
Here they came, ready to see who could get the biggest catch…
It was the perfect day for fishing. Absolutely beautiful and the fish were bitin’!
This cowboy earned 100 points for his team for catching the first fish. Way to go!
Then there was some Duck Racing that they were very competitive about.
Who knew that little rubber duckies could bring out that side of people? ;o)
By the way, don’t you love their cowboy hats? So festive!
Let’s not forget about the water balloon toss, a perfect way to stay cool on a hot summer day…
Of course, no Ranch Team Building would be complete without some goat dressing.
Don’t worry – no goats were harmed in this event. They actually don’t mind it one bit! Perhaps because they get spoiled with lots and lots of extra attention during our team building events.
Of course, all of this was in an effort to win one of the grand prize trophies!
Aren’t they cool? They ordered them online, had them engraved to say “2013 Ranch Ruckus”, and adorned them with various little items related to the chores.
Plus everyone got one of these cool party favors…
Overall, this was such a fun day! Plus, we always feel good knowing that we have helped a company build some team spirit. Thanks again for joining us, Black and Veatch!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on June 3, 2013
|The Best Dressed Team – Just to give you an idea of the fun that’s in store!
For me, there were a few of things that made this particular group really extra special.
1. Kim Helwig was here! We went to LSHS together. She graduated one year behind me (so of course I made her sign my 93/94 yearbooks!). It was tons of fun watching her and her co-workers go through our old yearbook checking out just what she was like back in high school. What is even cooler than that? Kim then went on to become my Gamma Phi Beta pledge daughter at Mizzou, cirque 1995/96! She hasn’t changed a bit and still knows how to work hard and play hard! I guess I taught her well 🙂
2. There was also another very special guest at the party, our very long lost cousin Seth Faulkner! Well, there wasn’t actually any real relation, but he was just as fun and friendly as all our other cousins and he fit right in!
3. I have always had a crush on this company. It goes way back to when I was wondering what to do with my life. If I hadn’t ended up at the ranch, I would have loved to have worked in a company like MMGY Global. Coming up with creative ideas for people would be right up my ally! I love all of the personalities in think tank type companies and this company’s creative ideas for the event were flowing way before they even arrived at Faulkner’s Ranch
Speaking of those creative ideas…
The thought and extra mile that the committee put into planning their outing to Faulkner’s Ranch
1. They arrived on school buses! You know I LOVE a company that transports their people to and from the party! It’s such a nice touch. The planners don’t have to worry about giving directions or parking and the attendees get to sit back and enjoy the ride. Providing transportation unifies the group right off the bat in turn setting the tone for the event.
2. They divided into teams before they arrived. For our team-building events, we can do it either way. However, by pre-dividing into teams before their arrive it allowed them time to get into spirit and costume! I for one loved the signs they were able to print in house and bring for each team. Such a fun idea!
|Can you guess what team this was?
3. The prizes were worth competing for!!!! These planners secured gift cards from vendors and clients to places like Amazon, Standard Style Boutique, Anthropology, and Southwest Airlines in amounts ranging from $150 – $500. First place was well worth milking the cow and dressing the goat – one COMP day! A paid day off? Earned by being silly and bonding with my co-workers on a beautiful afternoon at the Ranch
? Not a bad day at the office!
I had such a blast with MMGY Global! Can’t wait to party with them again!
Are you interested in having your team building
event at Faulkner’s Ranch
? Just give us a call at (816) 761-5055 or visit our website
for more info! We’d love to tell you all about how we can bring your office together for a rip-roarin’ good time!