Posted on February 24, 2015
It’s been awhile since we’ve shared some stuff over here, but just you wait – we have lots of exciting blogs coming up in the next few weeks!
In the meantime, here are a few things that have been happening around the ranch…
- Last month we wrapped up our Holiday Party Season. We always have a few January parties (a great alternative to the December party if you’re already thinking about what your company is going to do next year). These parties were an absolute blast! We can’t wait to share our favorite details about them with you, so stay tuned.
- We have been under construction! Our new catering kitchen has taken longer to build than expected, but it is almost done, y’all! We are just putting the finishing touches on it before we give you the big reveal. As of this past week two fryers, a 4-burner stove top, smoker, freezer, fridge, prep tables, and a dishwasher are all installed. Here’s a sneak peak of all the stainless steel beauty:
- In January and February we hosted three Barn Warmings. These Open Houses are the perfect opportunity for our brides to see the banquet barn all dressed up, meet some of our favorite vendors, and sample our delicious wedding menu. Plus, we got to show off some of the new projects we’ve been working on, like this old door turned chalkboard sign up-cycle that will be perfect for wedding season.
What do you think?
- Speaking of weddings, we are currently transforming the house on the ranch into a Bridal Changing Cottage. This will be the perfect place for our brides and their wedding parties to get ready the day of. Check out this sweet little detail we just added to it. Cowboy Tim found it at the Greenwood Antique Store for only $15! We just love little treasures like this!
- Winter has been all about the Pony Parties over here. Guests get the full Pony Party experience AND stay warm in our heated Pony Party Barn. The mama’s and papa’s have been out of this world lately with their creativity. We have so many fun ideas to share with you in the next few weeks. Just check out this amazing cake made by Cami’s Cakes in Eudora, KS:
- Did we tell you that we had a new baby?! Meet George. This is really early for a lamb to be born, but don’t worry – this little guy is staying nice and cozy in our heated petting farm with its mama and family. And no, you’re not mistaken. He is the cutest thing ever.
- We’ve also been ‘sprucin the place up and planted some new trees…
- Oh, and we got some new toys too!
- And last, but not least, we’re not jealous that Bob and Marilyn are enjoying some time in Florida.
Nope, not jealous at all.
Anyway, that’s what we have been up to. What about you???
Have a great day, y’all!
Posted on November 7, 2014
We’ve got something exciting underway!
If you came out to Faulkner’s Ranch this Pumpkin Season, you might have noticed a little construction going on…
Welp, what you were seeing was the beginning of our
BRAND NEW CATERING KITCHEN!
Food brings people together and we love the catering team that we have assembled. We have put a lot of time, energy, and most importantly love into the menu items that we serve.
That is why we are so excited to build this catering kitchen so that the food can be prepared and served fresh adjacent to the banquet barn and picnic pavilion. This kitchen has been designed to suit our needs based on the specific menu items we will serve. It will even have a smoker built right into the kitchen to permit smoking food in any weather from the comforts of inside! How awesome is that?! But wait, it gets better! It will also have a concessions area to service that need during our Pumpkin Season
. Thankfully it’ll be done way before next year’s Pumpkin Season. In fact, the catering kitchen will be ready to use just in time for our Holiday Parties
Needless to say, we are so, so, so excited about this new addition! We can’t wait for you to experience all of the yumminess that it will bring!
Have a great day, y’all!
Posted on September 18, 2014
Y’all, today is your lucky day! Today you get to meet one of the most awesome behind the scenes gals here at Faulkner’s Ranch.
Meet Jennifer Flint aka JJ!
JJ has been with us for a few years so we thought it was about darn time that y’all get to know her. Plus, today is her birthday!! What a better day to celebrate JJ than today!
Anyway, we asked her some questions for the old bliggity blog.
Check out here answers right here!
1. Howdy JJ, can you tell us a little bit about yourself? I have been working at the ranch for nearly 2 years now – I think I’m officially “adopted” into the Faulkner’s family?! I’m originally from Saint Louis, MO. I am married and have 4 children (future ranch hands) and we live in Lee’s Summit. I love to exercise and spend time outdoors with the family!
2. What is your job at Faulkner’s Ranch? My job at Faulkner’s is hard to define – I would say an assistant is probably best. I help support the team – that’s what I do best!
3. What is your favorite/most rewarding part of working at Faulkner’s Ranch?
My favorite and most rewarding part of working at the Ranch is seeing people/customers happy to be here relaxing and having a good time with their friends and family. No matter what the event – field trips
, picking out a pumpkin
– everyone arrives and leaves the ranch happy – and that makes me happy!
4. You get to work with lot of awesome guests at the ranch so you must have some fun stories. What is one of your favorites? We just hosted a wedding reception recently here at the ranch and had a really special moment with the guests. Near the end of the reception, our DJ played “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” – and every guest was on their feet, holding hands, singing and dancing around the barn! They even grabbed our staff members to include in the fun! It was a really special moment to watch a family come together like that in celebration.
5. What are you looking forward to the most at Faulkner’s Ranch for the rest of 2014? For 2014, I’m most looking forward to watching the business expand. I’ve been here for two years – and known the Faulkner’s personally for years – and it’s amazing to watch their business grow and flourish. They are a wonderful, hard-working family and they love what they do. I am grateful I get to be a part of getting the word out about the Ranch!
6. Of course, we have to ask…what is your favorite country song?
Ok – the hardest question of them all – but I have to go back to a great party song – “Country Girl, Shake It for Me
.” It’s hard to pick just one – but that always gets the boots on the dance floor!
We are so lucky to have JJ as a part of our Faulkner family! Happy Birthday, JJ! You’re the best!
Have a great day, y’all!
Posted on June 28, 2014
With the Company Picnic Season in full swing, we couldn’t think of a better time to introduce and put the spotlight on one of the nicest and most hard-working people at Faulkner’s Ranch
Lisa Frogge, our newest Event Coordinator!
Lisa has been a part of our Faulkner’s Ranch family for awhile now, so we thought it was about time ya’ll meet her and get to see first-hand just how great she is.
Read on for a little Q&A with this awesome lady!
Howdy Lisa, can you tell us a little bit about yourself? I am married to Doug and have two daughters, Katie (age 16) and Jillian (age 11). I previously was an executive assistant and have been the wedding coordinator at FBC Lee’s Summit for the past 12 years. I still do the wedding coordinating on a part time basis.
What is your job at Faulkner’s Ranch? My job title is “Event Coordinator” which means I do everything from setting up events with clients to wiping down tables!
What is your favorite/most rewarding part of working at Faulkner’s Ranch? My favorite part of my job is seeing an event come together and the guests having a good time. And of course, I have the BEST co-workers!
You’ve actually been coming to the Pumpkin Farm for awhile. Can you tell us about that?
I’ve been coming to Faulkner’s since Katie was a baby! I’ve been on numerous school field trips with the girls to the Pumpkin Farm
when they were younger and always enjoyed picking out pumpkins to take home with us.
|Katie – October 2002
Katie & Jillie – October 2003
You get to work with lot of awesome guests at the ranch so you must have some fun stories. What is one of your favorites? At my first big event, I went up to check on the petting farm and the goats had escaped from their pen! I spent the next several minutes chasing goats and luring them back into their pen (thank goodness they are greedy for feed). After coming from a corporate environment in my last full time job, I got a good laugh out of the fact that I was having so much fun goat wrangling!
What are you looking forward to the most at Faulkner’s Ranch for 2014? I’ve enjoyed meeting so many new people and look forward to welcoming them to Faulkner’s for their special events. I love the fact that each and every event at the Ranch is a celebrated as someone’s birthday, wedding or picnic. No two are the same and we get to see people relax and have a good time together.
Isn’t she just the coolest?! Thanks again to Lisa for this awesome interview!
Have a great day, y’all!
Posted on April 22, 2014
We are excited to announce that we have a brand new Company Picnic
package available this year!
We checked in with Cowgirl Christine to catch the latest on this fun new choice.
Why did you decide to do a new package this year?
Each year we like to develop a new themed picnic package
. Many of our picnic clients are repeats so by changing the theme each year gives their guests something new to look forward too. Each themed package includes food and activities relevant to that theme. For example, the Wild Western picnic package includes delicious BBQ, the mechanical bull, and a mini rodeo at the end that includes our roller roper, cow milking contest, and ranch Frisbee throw! Our Wild Western Picnic clients like to take the theme and run with it. It’s fun to see them encouraging everyone to dress Western for a “Best Dressed” contest or hire a photographer and provide hats, bandannas, mustaches, and other props for fun party pics.
We are really excited about this year’s new theme, The Country Fair, which is based off of the traditional county fair.
Where did you get your inspiration for this year’s theme?
We drew tons of inspiration for this new package on Pinterest
One neat idea that we will be doing is hanging pennants on the bandstand for decor. We will also be encouraging companies to bring their own pennants and banners to hang.
What can guests expect with the Country Fair Package?
In this package the first hour is spent playing our Midway games with carnival prizes included and enjoying cotton candy, popcorn, and either a fresh squeezed lemonade or root beer float at the adorable stand.
The Ranch J in this package not only plays music but acts as a “barker” during the Midway games, straw hat and all!
Guest should come hungry! What is on the menu?
Food is a HUGE part of any county fair! That is why we chose to serve cotton candy and popcorn right from the start. The buffet includes our delicious pulled pork slider sandwiches, nachos, corn on the cobb, and seasonal fruit cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We have a long list of additional menu choices
to consider adding. One really exciting addition is our new partnership with the Funnel Cake Truck
(listed under FUN Food Additions
). How fun is that to have the funnel cake truck pull up to your company picnic? We just know that our guests are going to love it!
What other fun activities can guests look forward to?
Of course we included our friendly petting farm animals, adorable pony rides, and moonwalk into the package. We also decided to include the pedal karts. We love the pedal karts because the seats are adjustable so they are fun for adults too! In fact in the third hour of the picnic, those pedal karts will be used for our mini tractor pull! Yes, the racers will choose a volunteer to be pulled in a little red wagon behind the pedal kart. The first one to the finish line wins.
Speaking of winners – everyone loves to win at a cake walk, right?! Well, we have included a cupcake walk into the package! We can’t forget about the Pie Eating Contest too. The Country Fair package guarantees that guests will have a great time from start to finish!
For more information on our how EASY it is to plan a Company Picnic at Faulkner’s Ranch, click here
For more details on our four exclusive Company Picnic Packages, click here
Have a great day, y’all!
Posted on March 2, 2013
a VERY Happy Birthday
to our creative genius,
culinary catering master chef,
and super fun cousin…
|(Isn’t she just adorable?!)
Check out the links below to see some of her awesome ranch projects!
You never fail to amaze us, Lisa!
Hope that your birthday is as wonderful and fun as you are!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on December 22, 2012
Today is a very special day!
Not only did we survive the end of the world
(that was a close one yesterday, right?)
but it is also the birthday of a very, very, VERY special cowgirl here at the ranch…
Most of you probably know Miss Christy Rose. After all she is one of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet! Plus, she is also the creative genius behind everything here at the ranch. But for those of you that don’t know her, maybe the following will give you a better picture of this fantastic gal.
One of the first things that most people notice about her is her contagious smile!
When you are around her you can’t help but have fun!
She’s a loving wife…
A wonderful mother to two beautiful kids…
And a thoughtful and sweet sister and daughter…
She is also an extremely hard worker and always goes to extra lengths to make sure that the guests at Faulkner’s Ranch have an amazing time…
She’s a little crazy when it comes to pumpkins in case you couldn’t tell…
And did we mention that she is probably one of the most fun people you will ever meet?
Basically, she’s Superwoman…
And that is why all of us here at Faulkner’s Ranch would like to wish this Christine a very Happy Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Christy!
We love ya!
Posted on December 6, 2012
One of our most favorite recent events has to be
In case you are unfamiliar with the name, BOTAR stands for the Belles of the American Royal.
And let us tell you something…
These folks sure do know how to party!
On October 12th they had the barn all decked out with fantastic western decor! The night was alive with a mechanical bull and live band! The food was fabulous and the drinks were flowing!
Don’t believe us?
Just check out the AMAZING pictures below!
Have a great day ya’ll!
Posted on December 3, 2012
Remember when we told you about our last
Well, we are thrilled to say that it was a huge success!
Between the raffle ticket sales and the wonderful turnout at the Ponies and Pancakes event, the Herschberger family raised $11,000 to put towards getting Harley his amazing companion!!!
Isn’t that awesome?!?!
Here is what Rita Olson-Stawicki, a long-time pardner of the ranch and co-worker/friend of Harley’s dad had to say about the special day:
“A very special thank you to Bob Faulkner, Marilyn Faulkner, Christy Faulkner-Loneman, Mike Foley, Mike Gosselin, Zack Gosselin and the entire staff at the Faulkner Ranch. The fundraiser was a great success due to all of your hard work and dedication. This would NOT had happen if it wasn’t for all of you. An 8 year old little boy’s life is going to be greatly enhanced because of all that you did. Thank you and be safe.”
Once again, thank you to everyone who came out and helped make a difference!
Stay tuned for our next Ponies and Pancakes event and in the meantime, enjoy some of our favorite pictures from the day!
|Bob and Rita
|Harley and his family
|The First Kansas City All Paws Dog
|Harley’s Mom meeting with another mom of a kid with a dog
Have a great day ya’ll!
~ Your Friends at Faulkner’s
Posted on November 14, 2012
Join us this Saturday from 8am to 11am
for another Ponies and Pancakes
to help raise money for 4 Paws for Ability.
4 Paws for Ability is the wonderful organization that will provide Harley Herschberger, an awesome little 8 year old boy who is trying to live with high functioning autism, with an amazing companion. By providing Harley with a service dog he will be able to handle so many of life’s challenges. From assisting him in different situations to comforting him and protecting him from harm, Harley’s new service dog will be a life-changing best friend.
So join us for a fun morning and help make a huge difference in this little boy’s life!
We’ll have pony rides and ALL YOU CAN EAT pancakes, sausage, and drinks from Chris Cakes!
Adults and Children 12 and older: $10
Children: Ages 4 to 11 $5
Children: 3 and under FREE
*Pony Rides, Zip Line, Bags of Feed for Animals at Petting Zoo $2.00
Tickets are available at the door the day of event or can be purchased in advance by emailing email@example.com
(just put “Tickets 4 Harley” in subject line.)
There will also be a raffle with some totally awesome prizes! Tickets for the raffle are 1 for $5 or 5 for $20.
Some of the raffle prizes include:
A Fire Pit donated by Cripple Creek Rock Co ($450 value)
*(There is a 2 ticket minimum to enter for firepit)
Fun Run Birthday Party
One night stay at the Holiday Inn and Breakfast for 4
One Day Horse Camp from Mariways Stable
Mary Kay, BeautiControl, Silpada, and Scentsy Products
Plus too many gift baskets to mention!!!
There will also be a KC ROYALS PRIZE PACKAGE!!!
The prize package includes autographed World Series Items, a private dinner with a member of the 85 World Series Team, and 2 Dugout Seats to a game of your choice with a parking pass!
Tickets for Royals Package are 1 for $10 or 3 for $25. Tickets will be available on 11/17 or by emailing 4PawsforHarley@gmail.com. The drawing for this specific prize will be held on December 15th.
We hope that you can make it to this fun event that helps out an amazing cause!
For more information please contact us here at Faulkner’s Ranch at 816-761-1234 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see some of our previous Ponies and Pancakes click the links below:
Have a great day ya’ll and we hope to see you at the ranch this Saturday!