Posted on October 18, 2013
Hosting a Craft Night (or a Pinterest Party as many like to call them nowadays) is easy and fun!
Here are a few tips and tricks to make your Fall Craft Night a success!
Make it easy on yourself and go potluck style! As the host, cook a dish that can serve a large group (we love this tortilla soup recipe
). Then ask your guests to bring everything else. You can even offer up ideas such as salad, sides, desserts, etc. Feel like making dessert too? Try our easy Faulkner’s Fallfetti Popcorn
recipe which is great to snack on while crafting!
If you want to go the festive route, we recommend this easy Fall Apple Cider Party Punch
that we shared yesterday. However, you can also serve something simple like water and tea. Don’t hesitate to ask guests to bring a bottle of wine.
Keep it simple and stay with your normal fall decor. Don’t have a Fall centerpiece on your table yet? Use our tips and tricks
to create one of your own! Also, make sure that you have enough space on your countertops or table to put all of the potluck food. Your counters may look bare before your guests arrive, but trust us, once they are there you will be searching for space to put the delicious dishes.
Here are the things to consider when choosing a craft.
- Cost: Since you will be purchasing materials for several crafts, keep this in mind. Choose crafts that you can buy the materials in bulk like ribbon, buttons, etc.
- Cleanup: Either choose a craft that does not make a huge mess or provide a small trashcan on the table to put materials.
- Tools/Materials Needed: Avoid choosing crafts that require hot glue guns since those tend to be messy. Gluing one thing to a pumpkin is no big deal, however if every single thing needs to be hot glued you will find it to be troublesome. You want the craft to be something you can talk during, instead of something that requires too much attention.
- Can your guests take it home right away?: You want to avoid using paints or things that will have to dry.
Two great places to find your craft are here
on our blog. You can see our pumpkin ideas right here. Or you can check out our Pinterest Boards dedicated to Pumpkin Ideas
and Cool Country Crafts
Other Things to Consider:
Music sets the mood. Set your iPod or computer to Pandora and crank it up. For Fall, we love the Mumford and Sons or Today’s Country Hits stations.
Before parties, it is always a good idea to turn the thermostat down. All of those extra bodies can cause it to get warm.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to have a Fall Craft Night that everyone will enjoy!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on October 16, 2013
There is no argument that pumpkin is a yummy treat. Well, maybe there is an argument but we don’t want to hear it. Did you know though that pumpkin isn’t only delicious, but it is also great for your health and beauty? That’s right! This gourd can make you gorgeous!
Here are a few fun facts about pumpkin:
- Pumpkins are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that can help your skin attain a healthy glow.
- Do you have sensitive skin? Are you prone to blemishes? Then add pumpkin seeds to your diet! They’re packed with zinc, which has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that may help calm irritated skin from the inside out.
- Pumpkin enzymes can soothe and protect your skin.
- Pumpkin are chocked-full of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, which are awesome for your skin.
Want to cash in on the perks of pumpkins? Then follow the simple recipe below to make your own Pumpkin Body Scrub that will leave your skin feeling SO SOFT (plus, it smells SUPER yummy!).
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Body Scrub
1 ½ Cup of Sugar
¼ Cup of Canned Pumpkin (organic is preferred)
1 Tablespoon of Almond Oil or Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Glycerin (optional)
A Light Sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
To make this wonderful scrub, simply mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Once a week, rub this scrub all over your body in a circular motion while you’re in the shower and rinse with warm water. In order for the benefits to last, make sure you apply a moisturizer after you have rinsed off each scrub. This will not only enhance the benefits of each treatment but will also prolong the effects.
Have a great day, ya’ll!