Posted on June 22, 2013
Now, we’ve had our fair share of amazing pony party
cakes here at the ranch, but we’ve never seen one quite like this one!
It literally takes the cake!
Isn’t it amazing?
What make it even more awesome is that the birthday girl’s mother made it herself!
She owns a specialty cupcake company called Kate’s Cakes
. Check it out!
Want to celebrate your birthday at Faulkner’s Ranch? Just click here
for more info!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
PS – They call the birthday girl CupKate – how cute is that?!
Posted on June 19, 2013
It’s a beautiful day for a white wedding!
Well, the Masters-White wedding that is!
We have been so excited to share with you this wedding. Besides the fact that we absolutely loved the rustic-chic vibe and the colors they chose, they also had a bunch of details that made it really special. Their attention to the “little things” really made this an event to remember. Russ Lawrence made their vision come to life with his beautiful florals and decor. We tell ya – that man is a genius!
But, before we dive into the gorgeous pictures, here is what Mindi Masters, the mother of the bride, had to say about their evening at Faulkner’s Ranch:
“We had a wonderful wedding experience. My daughter had to plan this long distance wedding. (We are from California) . We needed a facility that was affordable, flexible and all-inclusive as needed. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The Ranch theme fit perfect for her dream to have a relaxed and fun wedding. All our guests complimented us on how much fun they had, especially playing the outside games during the reception. The catering and decorations was wonderful too. For any bride who wants a stress free wedding on a reasonable budget, I highly recommend Faulkner’s Ranch. I have 2 more daughters who are yet to be married, I would definitely seek their services again.”
Thanks Mindi! It was our pleasure!
Now, on to the photos!
|We loved the use of bunting! It really enhanced the building.
|Isn’t it beautiful? So simple, yet it makes such an impact!
|The set-up for their first communion was perfect!
|Gotta love chalkboards! They are the perfect touch to any rustic-chic event. This was a smart idea too! By asking everyone to leave their address, they will have the current ones on hand for thank you notes.
|Guests left their address in Mr. and Mrs. White’s mailbox. Can they get any cuter?
|The wedding party looked amazing! We loved the dresses and casual suits (sans coat). A simple sunflower helped tie it all together.
|We were especially digging the groomsmen’s shoes! Casual, yet classy! Comfortable too!
|Comfortable enough in fact that they could enjoy the zip line before the ceremony. Crazy guys!
|Speaking of the ceremony – it was BEAUTIFUL! We love how the draping created a clean, elegant altar. The lanterns on the pavilion ceiling (such a cool idea) were such a neat touch. They looked beautiful all lit up at night too!
|Okay, can we talk about this cupCAKE though! It’s like yellow and white tiered heaven! Beautiful AND delicious!
|The grooms cake was awesome too! It added a really sweet personal touch.
|For any future Faulkner’s Ranch brides, yellow is a really good color to choose as one of your accent colors. It just fits beautifully into the ranch setting. That’s why we loved the pops of yellow in the florals. They were so bright and fun!
|In addition to the stunning florals, some of the tables had these neat lit up trees. They really added to the ambiance of the night.
|Guests didn’t go home empty handed. Nothing like some sweet treats to thank your guests for celebrating with you!
Congrats once again to the happy couple!!!
We felt so honored to be able to celebrate your big day with you!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on June 18, 2013
is the world’s leading provider of interior products and solutions, and the world’s leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets.
They manufacture two things that you can find on any airplane. One you never want to see and one you always want to see. Oxygen masks and beverage stations!
This company wanted to show their employees a good time with a company picnic
and that is exactly what they did!
Follow their lead with five ways that you can have a high flying company picnic!
1. Enjoy the Great Outdoors and Sunshine!
We just love the ranch on a sunny day! Guests can enjoy the beautiful scenery as they play on obstacle courses, eat delicious BBQ, and mix and mingle.
Don’t worry though – if it rains we’ve got a backup plan!
2. Turn Up the Jams!
Our Ranch J’s can help you out with that! They’ll keep the party going with only the best tunes! They also are great at leading games, activities, and drawings.
3. Play Some Games!
How does cooling off with the dunk tank sound? Even better – how does dunking your execs in the dunk tank sound? We heard a lot of “man, that felt good,” as well as lots of laughs during this picnic as employees got a chance to dunk their boss!
4. Play Some More Games!
What can we say? You can never have enough fun at a company picnic! We’ve got games galore for guests to enjoy!
5. Enjoy lots of yummy food!
This year we are pardnerin’ up with Kona Ice to bring some cool treats to our summer picnics! It looks like this little kitty cat was enjoying hers! In addition to our sweet treats, we make our own BBQ. There’s nothing like some smoked ribs to really show your employees that you appreciate them!
As Cowboy Bob always says, a good party is all about good food, good music, and fun company!
Looks like B/E Aerospace nailed it!
Treat your company to some fun in the sun with one of our three company picnic packages
! They make planning your big event stress-free!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on June 17, 2013
Sometimes our party mamas just blow us away!
To say that it was amazing would be an understatement!
Hailey actually had her fourth birthday party here and she and her parents loved it so much that they decided to celebrate her sixth birthday with us too. This time they went all out! This party had everything: pony rides, petting farm, hayride, moonwalk, zip line, face painter, balloon artist and more!
They definitely set the scene with their awesome decor.
Just check out this banner made especially for the birthday girl?
Talk about one lucky little gal!
What a fun way to make an entrance!
Besides all of the fun activities, everyone enjoyed some yummy roasted hot dogs under the pavilion…
And let’s not forget dessert! These were the biggest cupcakes we have ever seen!
The guests didn’t go home empty handed. Even the party favors were adorable…
All of the attention to detail and fun activities made this party one that their guests will be talking about for ages.
Thanks for celebrating your birthday with us again, Hailey! We hope that 6 is a year to remember!
Are you interested in having your big birthday party at Faulkner’s Ranch? Then just click here for more info
or give us a call at 816-761-5055 today!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on June 10, 2013
Nope, you didn’t read that title wrong.
Today we’re talking about Mouse Races!
We have seen a lot of different party themes and ideas in all of our years of entertaining, but the RMI event was our first experience with Mouse Races. While we were initially totally grossed out by the idea, we quickly had a change of heart when we saw just how much fun these little rodents are!
So, how do Mouse Races work?
The company we work with brings in 36 mice (trust us, we made sure that they had 36 when they left!) and sets up their special 10 foot long, 7-lane lighted race track.
The professional race announcers lead the crowd in the races that lead up to the big championship race. They are great at generating lots
of excitement and enthusiasm in the room. They even provide betting slips and programs!
To add to the fun, party guests can even name the mice in advance! There were some pretty funny names at this party…
In between the races, guests get to enjoy some mouse roulette.
At this party, the guests were given raffle tickets. If the mouse they bet on won the race, they put their ticket in a bucket. Later on, those tickets were drawn out of the bucket for prizes. Speaking of the prizes, they gave away lots of gift cards ranging from restaurants to gas stations. Good prizes always make the games more fun!
This special party activity is a great idea for holiday parties
or other group events. For example, RMI was in town for their annual meeting and this made for a perfect fun night out!
What do you think of the mice? If you could have Mouse Races at your party, what would you name your mouse?
For more info on how you can have fun at Faulkner’s Ranch, click here
Posted on June 3, 2013
|The Best Dressed Team – Just to give you an idea of the fun that’s in store!
For me, there were a few of things that made this particular group really extra special.
1. Kim Helwig was here! We went to LSHS together. She graduated one year behind me (so of course I made her sign my 93/94 yearbooks!). It was tons of fun watching her and her co-workers go through our old yearbook checking out just what she was like back in high school. What is even cooler than that? Kim then went on to become my Gamma Phi Beta pledge daughter at Mizzou, cirque 1995/96! She hasn’t changed a bit and still knows how to work hard and play hard! I guess I taught her well 🙂
2. There was also another very special guest at the party, our very long lost cousin Seth Faulkner! Well, there wasn’t actually any real relation, but he was just as fun and friendly as all our other cousins and he fit right in!
3. I have always had a crush on this company. It goes way back to when I was wondering what to do with my life. If I hadn’t ended up at the ranch, I would have loved to have worked in a company like MMGY Global. Coming up with creative ideas for people would be right up my ally! I love all of the personalities in think tank type companies and this company’s creative ideas for the event were flowing way before they even arrived at Faulkner’s Ranch
Speaking of those creative ideas…
The thought and extra mile that the committee put into planning their outing to Faulkner’s Ranch
1. They arrived on school buses! You know I LOVE a company that transports their people to and from the party! It’s such a nice touch. The planners don’t have to worry about giving directions or parking and the attendees get to sit back and enjoy the ride. Providing transportation unifies the group right off the bat in turn setting the tone for the event.
2. They divided into teams before they arrived. For our team-building events, we can do it either way. However, by pre-dividing into teams before their arrive it allowed them time to get into spirit and costume! I for one loved the signs they were able to print in house and bring for each team. Such a fun idea!
|Can you guess what team this was?
3. The prizes were worth competing for!!!! These planners secured gift cards from vendors and clients to places like Amazon, Standard Style Boutique, Anthropology, and Southwest Airlines in amounts ranging from $150 – $500. First place was well worth milking the cow and dressing the goat – one COMP day! A paid day off? Earned by being silly and bonding with my co-workers on a beautiful afternoon at the Ranch
? Not a bad day at the office!
I had such a blast with MMGY Global! Can’t wait to party with them again!
Are you interested in having your team building
event at Faulkner’s Ranch
? Just give us a call at (816) 761-5055 or visit our website
for more info! We’d love to tell you all about how we can bring your office together for a rip-roarin’ good time!
Posted on May 30, 2013
when our brides and grooms
choose to go a casual, fun route with their rehearsal dinners and lunches. After all, since they will be in suits and dresses the next day, why not have a little bit of fun at the rehearsal dinner?
That is exactly what the Lynch Wedding did when they had their rehearsal dinner at Faulkner’s Ranch
To give you an idea of how much fun they and their guests had just check out this pic:
That’s right! They had a a dunk tank!
And who would that be getting ready to dunk the groom?
Grandma of course!
The fun didn’t stop there though. After serving some delicious BBQ, the bride and groom handed out some super neat gifts to their wedding party.
We absolutely loved the gifts that the bridesmaids received…
The Soon-To-Be-Mrs. sewed these aprons herself and delivered them in these adorable insulate lunch bags made by Thirty One Bags
Aren’t they cute?!
Don’t worry about the guys – they weren’t left out! This is what the fellas got…
Talk about getting the party started!
Want to make sure that your rehearsal dinner is just as fun as this one?
Just follow these three steps!
1. Don’t be afraid to have fun! Keep in mind that a lot of people might be traveling in or taking a mini-vacation for your big day. So why not treat them to something awesome? Activities like dunk tanks, mechanical bulls, and games are a great way to add some fun memories to your rehearsal dinner.
2. When it comes to giving your bridal party gifts, it is the thought that truly counts! That’s why we loved the aprons – they are so personal! Another great gift idea is to give your party jewelry to wear on the big day. Something that they can use and show off always makes for a wonderful present.
3. Give Yourself a Break! You’ve been planning everything leading up to your big day and often times, by this point, brides and grooms can be pretty exhausted and stressed out. So take a break and relax!! After all, this is celebrating you! Take a note from the couple above – even the bride was in the dunk tank!
Oh, and check back next week to see another awesome wedding! It was absolutely beautiful! Trust us, you won’t want to miss it!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on May 25, 2013
The beards are back.
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, ya’ll!
Posted on May 21, 2013
One of our favorite birthday party
trends that we are seeing more of this year is parents hiring professional photographers for the big day.
There are so many benefits to this:
1. Hiring a photographer let’s you enjoy the party! Instead of worrying about getting pictures of every moment, you are a part of every moment.
2. The photos will be better. After all, they’re pros at it!
3. You not only have beautiful photographs to keep as keepsakes, but you can also use them on thank you notes.
Need to see for yourself? Just check out these photos
from one of our parties taken by Jennifer Cuscino of JWC Fotos
Aren’t they priceless? You can hiring Jennifer for your Pony Party by calling (913) 515-7551 or e-mailing her at email@example.com
Have a great day, ya’ll!
Posted on May 16, 2013
Does anyone know who this handsome cowboy is?
It’s Cowboy Bob Faulkner sporting some fancy duds from
Still as handsome as ever!
Have a great day, ya’ll!
PS – To read the story of how the Faulkner’s got their start, click here